BEC商务英语词汇详解:CompanyProperty

发布时间:2019-02-01 04:19:11

Ⅰ.核心学习:Company Property 公司财产

Steve: Hi Mike! How was your day today?

史蒂夫:嘿迈克!今天过得怎么样?

Mike: Pretty good but I’m finished, so it’s time for me to split.

迈克:很好,不过我忙完了,我该走了。

Steve: Your bag looks loaded today.

史蒂夫:今天你的包看起来鼓鼓的。

Mike: Yeah. I needed some paper and pens at home, so I just grabbedthem from the stationery cupboard.

迈克:是的,我家里需要一些纸和笔,所以我就从文具柜里拿了一些。

Steve: Mike, you can’t do that - it’s stealing!

史蒂夫:迈克,你不能这么做――这是偷窃!

Mike: Don’t take it so seriously Steve. It’s just a few pens and some paper. The company has heapsleft.

迈克:别这么认真史蒂夫,就几根笔和一些纸,公司还有一大堆呢。

Steve: That’s not the point Mike. You shouldn’t steal from your employer!

史蒂夫:不是这么回事迈克。你不应该偷老板的东西。

Mike: But it’s not like stealing from a shop, is it?

迈克:但是这不是从商店里偷东西,不是吗?

Steve: It’s the same thing Mike. Sit down and I will tell you why.

史蒂夫:一回事,迈克。坐下来我告诉你原因。

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Split:leave in a hurry

快走:赶紧离开

ex:As soon as the teacher says ’class dismissed’, I split!

老师一说“下课”,我就赶紧离开!

2) Loaded:very full, sometimes used to mean that someone has drunk too much

鼓鼓的:很满,有时候用来指某人喝多了

ex:I was loaded after I drank 15 bottles of beer.

我喝了15瓶啤酒,喝多了。

ex:The airports staff said that my bag was too loaded to go on to the plane.

机场工作人员说我的包太鼓了,不能上飞机。

3) Stationery:pens, paper, clips, pencils etc.

文具:笔、纸、回形针、铅笔等

ex:Without stationery we would not be able to do our jobs at all.

没有文具我们根本无法做事。

4) Cupboard:a place to store things

柜子:储藏东西的地方。

ex:The stationery cupboard at my office is always locked so that people cannot steal stuff.

我办公室的文具柜总是上着锁,防止有人偷东西。

阅读更多外语试题,请访问生活日记网 用日志记录点滴生活!考试试题频道。
喜欢考试试题,那就经常来哦

该内容由生活日记网提供.